Nov 27, 2015
Christopher McDougall joins Vinnie Tortorich at the NESS
conference to discuss Chris's works and running and reporting.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
WHO IS CHRISTOPHER MCDOUGALL?
- Author, correspondant, reported on wars in places like
- Author of Born to Run , a book discussing
the amazing athletic ability of a hidden tribe
- This book hooked Vinnie -- hunt to talk to McDougall!
- Also wrote Natural Born Heroes which Vinnie
is also reading
- Chris looks for what has lineage when he wants to find how to
do something properly
- "Chi running"-style running has the lineage, has the history
- This is what tribes have done forever, and it keeps them
healthy and allows them to run incredibly well and
- Running shoes are baloney for the most part
- Running shoes wear out at the same place, proves that your
running form needs to change
- flat soled sneakers tend to be better, minimalist-type shoes,
if you run correctly
MUSCLE WHILE RUNNING
- Running is important but is not the only thing
- Muscle allows your body to extend backwards, the power comes
from the fascia
- look at MLB pitchers for instance!
- "elastic strength"
- Bruce Lee: "I always had my strongest punch with my left toe"
- A punch starts in your left big toe
- Running comes from the hips, among other parts
- "Sacrum" - near your naval is the sacred center of your