Aug 28, 2020
: Episode 1656 - On this Friday show, osteopathic doctor and
navy veteran Dr. Reagan Anderson joins Vinnie, and the two chat Dr.
Anderson's whole-body work, proper skincare, Vitamin D deficiency,
gut health, the lack of truth in food advertising, preventing
disease, and more!
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR
- He is a doctor of osteopathic medicine.
- Dr. Anderson can do all that an MD can, but also focuses on the
bigger picture and the whole body.
- It's sort of a philosophy separation more than anything
- He went through 4 years of medical school, residency, and all
of that like any other doctor.
- DO's are supposed to be more holistic, and focus more on mental
health, nutrition, etc., in addition to more traditional physical
- Our relationship with our doctors/patients should be a
- He believes doctors are not properly trained to PREVENT
- Nutrition is so at the heart of this.
- Dr. Anderson is also a clinical professor of dermatology.
- The skin is the largest organ.
- We're at 11 ingredients in lotions that are really problematic
- The EU bans OVER ONE THOUSAND.
- Dr. Anderson thinks this is a difference in the US with valuing
corporations over the individual.
- Check out EWG.org.
- Not showering every day can be a big thing.
- Washing your face every day with soap will strip off natural
- Keep in mind that your body is an incredibly adaptive organism
that reacts to what you put on your skin, for better or worse.
- Constantly putting chapstick on your list will shut down
production of natural oils that keeps your lips moisturized.
- Everything in moderation.
VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
- It's more of a hormone than a vitamin.
- So many people are deficient.
- Many with auto-immune disorders lack proper levels of Vitamin
- Lots of folks who have died from COVID have been Vitamin D
- Take a supplement.
- For your skin health, he doesn't recommend you lay out in the
sun too long.
- Fatty fish are a great source of Vitamin D!
FAT DOC IS
- You can also buy hardcopy or watch
online at Amazon.
- YOU CAN NOW STREAM FOR
FREE ON AMAZON PRIME IF YOU HAVE IT!