Apr 25, 2020
: Episode 1567 - BEST OF: Nearly one
thousand episodes ago, Ivor Cummins,
a biochemical engineer, went into detail about the Cholesterol
Conundrum. Modern research has clearly proven that the root cause
of arterial plaque is insulin resistance, most likely caused by
high amounts of carbohydrates, not high cholesterol or high fat.
Listen here, on this Best Of podcast!
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
Cholesterol Conundrum video can be found here.
- He is a chemical engineer.
- Originally, he was told he had to cut down his cholesterol.
- He didn't just listen to the doctor.
- He dug down the rabbit hole and DID NOT lower cholesterol.
- Ivor ails from Dublin, Ireland.
- His cholesterol was a bit high.
- Liver enzymes (GGT and serum ferritin) were INCREDIBLY high .
- He asked the doctors what this meant & asked them what to
- They came back with very weak and unsure
- Because of his science background & his family, he did not
accept this answer.
- He values his health and this was not enough.
- He started researching after visiting 3 unsure doctors.
- Once he started researching, he found that very high GGT meant
a reduced lifespan.
- GGT = Gamma glutamyl transferase.
- High levels = high inflammation in the liver.
- The liver has SO many functions, including making
- Excessive alcohol raises this, but he does not drink a
- He found that high levels are associated with Fatty-liver
disease which comes from eating too many
- Around 30% of adults have fatty liver
- Carbs, sugar, and insulin resistance are the problem .
- Serum ferritin is a marker for metabolic syndrome.
- His was so high because he had been eating carbs and sugar
& had this disease.
- Ivor's diet at the time:
- Quite a bit of pasta, bread, rice;
- Tried to not eat fat;
- He basically ate what the governments (incorrectly) press one
- Although for the most part he followed the "food pyramid" he
always ate butter instead of margarine.
- More and more research showing that those who have high
cholesterol are super sensitive to carbs.
- Vitamins are important to regulate all these as wells.
- 70-80% of people are deficient in magnesium.
- Check out PVC broad spectrum magnesium!
- People are deficient in K2 (those who eat low fat
- Vitamin D and sun exposure are very important as well.
- It's important for fitness and cardiovascular health.
- Disease conditions can drive Vitamin D even lower.
- Blood pressure drops with good Vitamin D/sun exposure.
- Arteries relax.
- Sun Exposure increases vasodilation.
- Normal sun is more important than Vitamin D pills, but if you
can't get out in the sun, do take a Vitamin D supplement.
- Sun-related dangers are so so insignificant compared to the
danger of cars etc.
- Also most sun-damage is fixable (melanoma is the bad one,
- You are LESS likely to have melanoma with MORE
general sun exposure.
- Ex: outdoor workers have not increased melanoma like indoor
workers in the last 40 years.
FAT DOC IS
- You can also buy hardcopy or watch
online at Amazon.
- YOU CAN NOW STREAM FOR
FREE ON AMAZON PRIME IF YOU HAVE IT!