Nov 27, 2020
: Episode 1721 - On this Friday show, Dr. Jonny Bowden, the
nutrition myth buster, joins Vinnie to talk personal training,
overcoming nutritional cognitive dissonance, affecting change in
underserved communities, COVID-19 co-morbidities, and more.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR
- In his 40s, he got the nutrition and fitness bug.
- He had a masters in psychology, so always liked learning
- He got super into working out, became certified by various
methods to become a personal trainer.
- An Equinox gym hired him after he hung around and worked on
- He was a low fat, calorie guy for a long time.
- The certifying organizations really sold him these lies.
- However, then Jonny heard about Atkins.
- Some of his clients tried it and he saw how it actually worked.
- They were thinner, lower blood pressure, and more.
- He had cognitive dissonance and he needed to figure out how
- Jonny began thinking: What if what we've been taught is simply
THE NUTRITION MYTH BUSTER
- Dr. Bowden now understands that low carb is the way to go.
- You can't outrun or out-exercise a bad diet.
- Because Jonny became so interested in all of this, he ended up
getting a PhD in nutrition!
- Check out his books on nutrition myth busting here: https://jonnybowden.com/products/books/
- Eating low carb strengthens your immune system.
- You build your house by eating well.
- He isn't insulin resistant, he doesn't have metabolic disease.
- This is huge for your ability to beat viruses like
- Real food in its real form is the MOST IMPORTANT thing in Dr.
- If you're doing this, you'll eat way fewer carbs and more fat
is it happens.
FAT DOC IS
- You can also buy hardcopy or watch
online at Amazon.
- YOU CAN NOW STREAM FOR
FREE ON AMAZON PRIME IF YOU HAVE IT!
- Fat Doc 2 is in the works! Keep an