Dec 27, 2019
: Episode 1481 - Dr. Tro Kalayjian,
DO, joins Vinnie this Friday to talk being overweight and
losing weight as a medical professional, setting an example for
your patients, fasting and exercise, and more!
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR
SETTING AN EXAMPLE FOR YOUR PATIENTS
- Tro is a doctor.
- He has been on the show before here
- Tro used to have to tell people to lose weight.
- He, however, was 350 lbs himself at around 5'11".
- Now he is around 195 lbs.
- He's also now a runner, and he does some fasting.
- He finished 5th recently in a 5k!
- His wife really encouraged him to lose weight via low carb.
- She said that he was going to die and leave her with their
- Tro has specialties in obesity, diabetes, nutrition.
- He recognizes that the whole food part of Game Changers is
real, but the plant based part is messy (at best) science.
- He feels that setting an example for his patients is incredibly
- Tro also strongly believes in fasted exercise, though it is
less important than diet itself.
- Tro did med school, 3 years of training for internal
- In the whole of med school, they maybe spent a week on
nutrition education while learning other things.
- The nutrition consultations that he did give, he'd say "cut
sugar and fat, go see a nutritionist," and that was it.
- If a doctor with the best, very extensive, education can't
figure out why HE is fat, that's a problem.
- Most of his people start with a dirty keto approach.
- He doesn't think this is the best, but if it helps them, then
- He'll teach people how to intermittently fast.
FAT DOC IS
- You can also buy hardcopy or watch
online at Amazon.
- YOU CAN NOW STREAM FOR
FREE ON AMAZON PRIME IF YOU HAVE IT!
VINNIE & ANNA WILL BE AT KETOCON
2020! KETOCON.ORG, GO TO BUY TICKETS, AND ENTER PROMO CODE
- Tickets will get more expensive as
time goes by.
- We're also on airplanes now -
check it out!