Nov 25, 2020
: Episode 1720 - On this special Wednesday show, Anna joins
Vinnie to talk Christmas trees, Thanksgiving recipes, Turkey Tips,
and more! Have a wonderful, safe holiday.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR
- Don't be afraid of turkey!
- Anna has perfect her turkey recipe over the years.
- You need to dry brine the turkey.
- If you have the first Eat Happy book, go look at the
Easiest Roast Chicken recipe.
- Take it out today. Pour salt on inside and outside and put in
back in the fridge.
- Dry brine is much easier than wet brine.
- This cures the skin, makes it moister and more flavorful.
- Get out a stick or two of butter with your turkey in front of
- Tuck the wings underneath.
- Poke the finger between skin and meat on breast, shove in pats
- Rub the rest of your butter all over the turkey.
- If you have anchovy paste, add a tablespoon to your butter
before you shove it under the skin/rub the rest over. You can add
fresh herbs too.
- Or, put quarter of onion and some herbs in the
- Put turkey in oven for 30 or 45 minutes before you baste
- But make sure the roasting pan has some chicken stock in.
- At least half a cup to coat the bottom of the pan!
- Anna only bastes every 20 to 30 minutes.
- She takes it fully out of the oven to do this.
- 12 lb bird takes two and a half to three hours.
- Check out the recipes on Anna's website here: https://annavocino.com/nsng-low-carb-thanksgiving-round/
- Prep in advance or have a helper for other foods.
FAT DOC IS
- You can also buy hardcopy or watch
online at Amazon.
- YOU CAN NOW STREAM FOR
FREE ON AMAZON PRIME IF YOU HAVE IT!
- Fat Doc 2 is in the works! Keep an