Jun 23, 2017
: Episode 842 - Registered Dietitian Jaime Coffey Martinez
MS, RD joins Vinnie today to discuss being a renegade dietitian
and breaking the form in regards to what dietitians are taught to
preach. Jaime is a strong proponent of low carb diets, and also
believes in the important of vitamins.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
JAIME COFFEY MARTINEZ
- Bachelor's in same thing as Vinnie
- Masters in Clinical Nutrition from NYU
- Check out her
- Took her awhile to realize what teachers and others dietitians
were preaching was wrong
- Initially taught that we need carbs, Standard American Diet
- Realized a few years in this was all wrong!
- Some other dietitians are realizing this too
- Has to be careful not to lose her license, similar to Tim
- Soda, carbs can literally cause heart disease
- B12 is very important!
- Offers 1 on 1 phone calls, other services on site linked
- Saturated fat really is okay!
- She and Vinnie both do not like soybeans
- Eggs DO NOT cause diabetes!!!!
- Eggs are good for you
- For most of the population (97%), eggs are not going to mess
with your dietary cholesterol
- Cholesterol is not the problem a lot of the time
- Our body will make more of it if we are not consuming