Jul 30, 2021
: Episode 1896 - On this Friday show, Don Coddington joins
Vinnie Tortorich to discuss their trip to Lone Pine to hike Mount
Whitney, misconceptions about salt, Don's fat loss, food addiction,
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR
HIKING MOUNT WHITNEY
- Don and Vinnie tried to hike Mt. Whitney recently.
- First, they stayed in Lone Pine.
- It's a very, very small place.
- For Mt. Whitney, they only give 100 passes a day.
- The question Vinnie and Don have is: why? There is so much
- For other mountains in CA, WA, and CO, there are thousands
- They finally learned why, and got the 411 on the mountain's
- This year, Don and Vinnie climbed it without a pass -- they
know this wasn't right, but they picked up trash on the way up and
- They tried to do the hike a couple of days.
- To prep, they did a shorter hike.
- After a failed attempt for Vinnie, they were plagued by
- Vinnie, for whatever reason, got really sick while he was
hiking and couldn't summit.
- He was disoriented and flu-ey, and he hadn't been drinking
water because that made him feel sick, too.
- Vinnie was nearly falling over.
- Don thought he physically lost him at one point!
- He thought maybe he had gotten too dizzy and fallen off the
- Don had some misconceptions.
- You CAN overdo salt.
- He would do 1000 mg of salt with 16 oz of water. Really,
you only need that with a liter of water.
- If you feel lightheaded or are going to do heavy exercise, take
a couple of Ultra Salts, but there is a limit.
- Vinnie says take 15-20 oz of water per Ultra Salt.
- Too much water without electrolytes can be a problem; too much
salt is the opposite problem.
DON'S FAT LOSS
- Don has lost a substantial amount of weight.
- Now, he can hike up and down Mount Whitney with much more
- Zone 2 training was also important for him.
- For Don, pizza and ice cream is what got him high.
- He needed to break the addiction and emotion-numbing effect of
WATCH THIS EPISODE ON YOUTUBE
FAT DOC 2 IS AVAILABLE ON
iTUNES and AMAZON
- Please also share it with family
- Buy it and watch it now on iTunes
to get it to the top of the charts.
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO REVIEW
the film AFTER YOU WATCH!
FAT DOC 1 IS ALSO