May 29, 2020
: Episode 1591 - Mike McKnight, superstar ultra runner, joins
Vinnie on this Friday show to discuss taking your body to the
limit, getting back into sports after injury, fat-adapted running,
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR
- After high school, he was a bit heavy.
- Once he did a half marathon, he realized he was a pretty good
- Mike suffered a broken back after a ski accident–following
this, he really got into ultra running.
- 3 weeks into his broken back with a body brace on, he went out
and ran half a mile.
- He felt bad, but it didn't hurt, so he started
running every day.
- He recovered very quickly and began running 10+ miles every
- Trail running really appealed to him and he got hooked.
- He is also the winner of the Ultra Running Triple Crown: he had
the fastest cumulative time over the Bigfoot 200, the Tahoe 200,
and the Moab 240 in 2017.
Mike recently ran 100 miles
on zero calories.
- This is ultimate fat adaptation-you can still eat fatty foods
to run while fat adapted.
- He originally started running fat-adapted because he had
digestive issues while running doing anything else.
- Mike usually only allows himself to eat in a 6 hour window each
- The keto diet works very well for ultra athletes.
- He is "bonk-proof" and has a strong stomach.
- Mike eats a lot of meat and eggs, and before a race will also
have an orange.
- He makes sure he's all stoked up on fat, and will have a TBS of
coconut oil, too.
- He also finds day-to-day benefits like mental clarity and
healthy weight maintenance.
FAT DOC IS
- You can also buy hardcopy or watch
online at Amazon.
- YOU CAN NOW STREAM FOR
FREE ON AMAZON PRIME IF YOU HAVE IT!