May 28, 2021
: Episode 1851 - On this Friday show, Dr. Bret Scher joins
Vinnie to talk learning from your clients, nutritional advice,
properly interpreting cholesterol numbers, the sugar and grain
industries, lifestyle-based intervention, the Diet Doctor, your
body's use of fat, and more.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR
DR. BRET SCHER
- Dr. Scher has been on the show
- Like Vinnie, he has a podcast and does consults.
- He is an excellent cardiologist.
- There are methods that will help a majority of people, but you
tinker those methods to the individual.
- This is what makes consults so rewarding and keeps Dr. Scher
and Vinnie learning.
- Some doctors stick to conventional wisdom; others want to be on
the cutting edge.
- Doctors who see it the latter way, like they have to keep
learning and improving, are usually the better doctors.
- Like for trainers, doctors receive very little nutritional
- Though doctors don't usually deal with bro science!
INTERPRETING CHOLESTEROL NUMBERS
- In the 70s, we looked at a cholesterol number as a whole.
- This is because we didn't have the technology.
- Now, if doctors do that, it is a complete cop-out.
- We have so much more information.
- Do NOT feel satisfied by your doctor's interpretation of the
- Look at HDL, look at trigs, look at LDL, look at the LDL break
- Guidelines are highly oriented to prescribing medication.
- Doctors get paid more money to do things quicker, even if
medicine is involved.
- This is why doctors will just prescribe rather than go to
- Try to find a doctor willing to focus on intervention that is
- Doctors who avoid extremism are usually the ones to trust.
FAT DOC 2 IS AVAILABLE ON
iTUNES and AMAZON
- Please also share it with family
- Buy it and watch it now on iTunes
to get it to the top of the charts.
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO REVIEW
the film AFTER YOU WATCH!
FAT DOC 1 IS ALSO