Nov 30, 2016
: Episode 714 - Andy Schreiber and Vinnie Tortorich talk
explaining weight loss to kids, exercise as a poor way to lose
weight, juice, and more!
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR
- Vinnie will be talking at Flappers in Burbank, January
- Gina Grad will be a guest-star
- Chris Laxamana opening
Check out tix here
EXPLAINING WEIGHT LOSS TO KIDS
- Vinnie will be doing a kid-friendly show twice a week!
- Kids wanna know how to look and feel good, too
- Physical Education in public schools is virtually non-existent
- This hurts kids' brains
- Even taking away recess time is detrimental
- Exercise is a poor way to lose weight, but is still important
for brain function and for muscle mass
- Losing weight has everything to do with hormones
- Calorie in / calorie out does not work
- Compare this to using a car's gas all up and then not refueling
-- it simply does not work!
- Can be hard for kids to get off of all the added sugar,
especially in breakfast foods
- Pretty much all breakfast food marketed towards kids has LOTS
of sugar and grains
- Soft drinks, even diet, will not allow you to lose weight!
- You must quit the sugar and artificial sugar, even if you are
doing everything else right
- Juice is also straight sugar
- Once you juice fruit, you lose the fiber and it is literally
just a sugar bomb
- Will cause a crazy glucose spike