Mar 27, 2021
: Episode 1807 – On this Saturday show, Dr. Kevin Ross Emery
joins Vinnie and the two talk Dr. Kevin's upbringing, making life
better for kids with ADD/ADHD, how different isn't bad, standing
out (in a good way), technology and social media, and more.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR
- Dr. Kevin has his own podcast.
- He primarily works with ADD and ADHD patients.
- He isn't a medical doctor so he doesn't diagnose folks with
- When Kevin was a kid, his teachers tried to hold him back
because he, in their eyes, was mentally retarded.
- But really, his brain was just working too fast.
- Once he was reminded to slow down before he answered, he aced
all the questions.
- His Dad advocated for him –– the problem wasn't too slow, it
was that his teacher didn't know how ot deal with him when he was
really very bright.
- He was a curious and smart kid, and the school didn't like
DIFFERENT ISN'T BAD
- The way he sees it, ADD/ADHD isn't a disease or a disability.
- It's just all about learning to manage your ADD/ADHD and giving
others (like schools) the tools to work with those with
- Just because it's challenging doesn't mean it needs to be
- People may process things differently if they have ADD/ADHD.
- Different is not bad, it's just different.
- The world needs to expand to include these folks.
- We need to make sure we aren't stigmatizing or punishing (or
overmedicating) those with ADD/ADHD.
- By the time many of Dr. Kevin's patients get to him, they've
lost confidence and the like.
- We're not here to be followers, but to be leaders.
- We're not here to fit in, we're here to stand out!
FAT DOC 2 IS AVAILABLE ON
iTUNES and AMAZON
- Please also share it with family
- Buy it and watch it now on iTunes
to get it to the top of the charts.
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO REVIEW
the film AFTER YOU WATCH!
FAT DOC 1 IS ALSO