Oct 5, 2018
: Episode 1161 - Agronomy expert Dr. Peter Ballerstedt joins
Vinnie today to discuss his work as a foraging, ruminant, and
livestock expert. They also talk meat myths, human diet health, and
more on this Friday show!
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR
DR. PETER BALLERSTEDT
LIVESTOCK AND CLIMATE CHANGE
- Cows are not causing climate change
- It's not even their farts that would
- The UN put out a report that claimed livestock produced more
emission than all transportation
- What they DON'T acknowledge is that study is recognized as
being flawed and its authors even retracted and corrected it
- The reality is they make up about 2% of emissions
- We DO need to get better at controlling how we raise our
- 1/32nd of an apple represents arable land on the world
- 1/4th represents land that is good for grazing
- There are so many myths propagated by vegans about meat growth
- "Raising cattle is a waste of water"
- Truth: Cows are not 'destroying' water - they recycle it
- "Cows are ruining the land"
- Truth: Ruminant animals are incredibly important for our soil
- They have evolved with the grasses
- There wouldn't BE society like there is now without raising
- "Red meat is bad for you"
- Truth: Meat is GOOD for you
- Saturated fats and cholesterol is not bad for you!