Apr 28, 2019
: Episode 1308 - On this Sunday School episode, we bring back an
old but super important one that we have recently received a lot of
questions about. How can we tell which studies are legit, and which
are largely unsupported studies? The two also discuss overweight
athletes, and more.
: Episode 1138 - The amazing Gina Grad joins Vinnie for this
Sunday School, and the two talk badly supported studies, overweight
athletes, and new perceptions.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- Lots of articles with crazy bold headlines
- These tend to be BS
- Lots of "meat heavy, low carb hurts your lifespan"
- See who funded the study
- Lots of these are paid for by companies like Barilla
- They are salacious
- While some sports, overweight can be a positive thing,
perception is changing
- Now, people who are overweight in sports where athletes have
traditionally NOT been overweight, it's becoming the new
- Example - the overweight paddle boarder
- While body shaming is not the goal, the change of perception is
- You can be unhealthy and still be considered in athlete's