Oct 28, 2016
Episode 695 -- Sylvia Tara, biochemist and author of The Secret
Life of Fat, joins Vinnie today to talk about fat, an endocrine
organ, that does so much good for puberty, for our immune systems,
and for our brain.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- Incredibly smart and beautiful!
- Holds a PhD in biochemistry from UCSD
- Also has an MBA from Wharton (U Penn)
- Worked with all of the big biotech companies
SECRET LIFE OF FAT
- Check out her book here!
- The Secret Life of Fat: The Science
Behind the Body's Least Understood Organ and What It Means for
- Now focuses on popular misconceptions of fat, and how fat in
reality does so much good for us
- People fear fat, but really it is just an endocrine organ
- "Adipose Tissue", or fat, is an endocrine Organ
- Endocrine system controls all of the hormones in your body
- Therefore, fat is incredibly important for our development and
homeostasis as well
- Our body tries to hold on to fat when we eat it for a
- Not just a great source of energy