Nov 25, 2018
: Episode 1198 - The wonderful Gina Grad joins Vinnie for this
Sunday School episode, and the two talk Thanksgiving and hidden
unhealthy ingredients in seemingly healthy foods.
Content warning to parents - Vinnie mentions a
derogatory word in this episode in order to explain its origin.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- All of her family from everywhere is invited to Thanksgiving in
- Kansas City, Chicago, Seattle, Arizona all represented
- Gina makes some NSNG fare to represent the low carb community
- Her stuff is always the first to go - it's rich,
delicious, and healthy
- Bacon brussel sprouts, for example
- Vinnie knows Gina is an AMAZING cook
- She has a segment on Adam Carolla called "Eat Your Feelings"
where she brings an NSNG dish every week
HIDDEN UNHEALTHY INGREDIENTS
- Starbucks now has sous vide egg bites
- Big step above their cakes
- Delicious, but still has some bad stuff in it
- Chemicals you don't need
- Adds to the product's shelf life
- Also designed to make you crave it more
- Gina used to get eggs at iHop
- The scrambled eggs and omelettes made her feel bad
- It's because they put GRAINS in their EGGS!
- People worry about things like tryptophan in turkey - this is
not the enemy!
- It's the pie, the potatoes, etc. that are bad