Aug 10, 2018
: Episode 1121 - Cardiologist Dr. Nadir Ali joins Vinnie today
to discuss Nadir's impression of India, keto cardiology, vegan
myths, cholesterol (specifically the many important functions of
LDL), and more on this Friday show!
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
DR. NADIR ALI
- Dr. Ali is originally from India though he practices in the
- It's tough because many Indians are vegans and cows are
- One must respect this
- The lowest consumption of meat
- Much higher prevalence of type 2 diabetes there
- It must be a cultural and political change
- Indians can eat successfully though it requires a fundamental
change in thinking
- A keto cardiologist!
- Many people lack knowledge of human digestion
- Being vegan is often unrealistic nor decided from a critical
- People don't know what is and what is not ACTUALLY healthy
- We need to improve the dialogue around nutrition
- Dr. Ali's wheelhouse is cholesterol
- He looks at ALL numbers
- Cardiologists on a whole are completely uneducated on
- Cholesterol has KEY functions in your body
- Paradox between LDL cholesterol and insulin
- LDL can go up, and that can be okay!
- We need to educate public, and the public will demand
- Put patients on low carb diets, diabetic patients got off of
meds but their LDL went up
- He had to figure out that LDL is okay and necessary!
- Most cardiologists are unwilling to change their thinking or
- Med school teaching often fails
- Appreciates Dave Feldman's work